onsdag, februari 19, 2014

Laveda

memory, oh memories, since you won't leave me alone 
explain to me why I feel so lost even though I've come back home 
I've been seeking fortune: I've been seeking slither and shimmer out in the world 
but nothing will cure this curling craving for a modern mountain girl 

I want her to see me, and I hope I have the words 
I want her to see me, but I hope I see her first 

there were city nights when I was miles away with happiness in my reach 
and I'd wake to visions of a hillside trailer humming with electric heat 
then I'd find myself back in the quiet dell where compunction took its form 
and with our hips we tried to push back the wretched failure of being born 

could you feel me down there in the lonesome low?
I could swear you wanted me; I could swear that it was so 

who's gonna shoe your pretty little feet, darlin' who's gonna glove your hands? 
who's gonna know your mama made you while she was doin' it to Steely Dan? 
as you cling to the earth and scream for the kingdom, did you see some other face? 
love was a match defense for you and for me an act of shame 

and Laveda, Laveda loving you is a shame 
Laveda, Laveda loving you is a shame
  see less


Inga kommentarer: